2017 Summer Staffing
Thank you to all our volunteers and staff for another fantastic summer season! We were blessed with lots of wind, great weather, wonderful programming, and successful fundraising and events. You were all valuable members of our EYC family and we thank you again for your commitment to the EYC!
For the 2017 season, we are immediately accepting applications for EYC Club Director, Head Instructor and Race Coach. If you are interested in being considered for any of these positions, please submit an application to Commodore@EYC.org stating your qualifications as they relate to the respective job description and requirements below. If relevant, please include any references with complete contact information.
All applications are due by Saturday November 26, 2016.
• The Sailing Director is a manager whose primary task is to make sure the EYC’s operations run smoothly, that member needs are met, and that assigned tasks are accomplished.
• The Sailing Director is responsible for implementing all EYC policies, upholding EYC standards of quality, and performing all tasks assigned to him/her by the Commodore or committee chairs.
• The Sailing Director must be organized, able to delegate to others, keep track of tasks assigned to others, and follow up to make sure they are done. The Sailing Director must keep track of tasks assigned to him/her, prioritize them, and report when completed to the appropriate person.
• The Sailing Director should plan ahead and anticipate needs and tasks, so as to be proactive and not reactive, and to make sure the necessary personnel, equipment, and supplies are ready on time.
• The Sailing Director will take overall responsibility for the maintenance of all club equipment, working in conjunction with and under the authorization of the Equipment Chair. Maintains list of repair needs and assigns staff to make repairs. Purchases necessary parts for club equipment.
• The Sailing Director is the face of the EYC and is responsible for meeting member requests and prospective member inquiries.
Requirements: Competency with EYC software and documents. Thorough understanding of EYC programs and operations. Strong leader with efficient follow-through. Able to effectively communicate and work with a wide-range of constituents. Demonstrated sailing and racing competency.
Coaches staff regarding the implementation of EYC lesson programs, particularly on the water. Advises on curriculum from course descriptions in staff manual through daily lesson plans. Mentors staff where improvement is needed in class, including but not limited to, powerboat and sailing skills, interaction with students, and developing lesson plans. Assigns staff to classes together with the Education Committee Chair.
Requirements: Has personally taught most, if not all, levels of classes offered at the EYC (or comparable levels at similar sailing club). Has demonstrated a very high standard of boat handling skills and racing experience and knowledge. Respected by peers. Proven mentoring skills. Ability to work effectively and constructively with peers, superiors, parents, and students.
Desirable: US Sailing Level 3 Certification
Enthusiastic staffer who encourages race development and participation among other staff, students, and club members. Leads staff training and coaches staff in race management, race coaching, racing rules and racing instruction, and will serve as a key resource to provide specific instructions and/or examples of how to do things. Responsible for advising improvements to race management and race documents, then implementing as authorized by Race and Regatta Chair. Monitors race management by collecting feedback, reviews that racing results have been recorded properly, and assesses that race management equipment is maintained in good condition.
Requirements: Has demonstrated a very high standard of boat handling skills and racing experience and knowledge. Familiar with all racing rules and protest procedures and can serve as judge for club races and regattas.